Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ready? Set? ...

Is everybody ready for the KAL? Yarn shopping finished? Needles sharpened and at the ready ;)? I can't wait for the KAL to start so I'd love to see photos of the yarns everyone will be using!

Check out what Calliope spun for the KAL here (love!). I bought 2 pretty yarns at my LYS but I'm not sure which to use (so I might knit two :) . Rowena is representing Ravenclaw with some gorgeous Ravie-colored yarn.

As Wisteria and Calli will tell you, I LUV photos :D Post a photo of your yarn to your blog and leave a comment with the URL so we can come visit. Two days and counting!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ronnica said...

Woot! Tomorrow! Can't wait. It's true... My yarn is Ravenclaw colors, lol. Even though I'm a Gryff! The sorting hat was torn for me, anyway... It had trouble deciding whether I should be a Gryff or a 'Claw. :) I guess it's showing, lol.

July 3, 2008 at 7:57 AM  
Blogger onescrappychick said...

I got my yarn.. it's Southwest Trading's new 24karat colorway.. that on yarnmarket's website looked yellow/orangy.. and in actually is more gold/yellowy/goldenrod. Perfect Puff color.. but not quite what I had in mind. It's ok. I'm going to make it anyhow.. and if I love it enough I'll make another one in a color I'll wear more often. Besides, my dd has dirty blonde hair.. so if all else fails.. it will work with her color perfectly!

Emerald

July 3, 2008 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger Ophelia said...

I posted pics of my yarn to my blog:
http://texapedalis.blogspot.com/
I am looking forward to it. I think the colors are beautiful, so I think I am going to use this all the time. The "bronze" is fairly orange, and I look bad in orange but I love it too so now I have a way to wear it. Woohoo!

July 3, 2008 at 9:53 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Can I join in, too? I had just taken this pattern, as well as Calorimetry, out of my pattern stash, to knit up here and there, in preparation for the Fall. I'd LOVE to knit this along with my Hogwarts Classmates!

:O)

July 4, 2008 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger Cassandra Puddlemere said...

woman! my email didnt send!!! I resent it is it too late for in ???

July 5, 2008 at 7:16 AM  
Blogger Cressida Townsbury said...

I am using Schaefer Yarn's Laurel in the Empress Wu Zhao colorway. I will post a pick when I get it on the needles!

July 5, 2008 at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home